January 27, 2009

Another new necklace!


Hello!
Well I finally managed to get some pics of my latest creation done. I am really pleased with this one. The inspiration came from an American magazine that I bought from ebay. Its called Step by Step Wire Jewelry and its an amazing magazine. I am currently trying to source their back issues but not having any luck :( Oh well I will just have to keep at it.

This style is called a torque necklace and it is sort of like a bangle for the neck. I have wire wrapped the main body of the necklace in the same way that I did on the bangles from previous posts. I really like the way that it gives the wire a very silky sheen and sits smoothly next to the neck.


I used purple permanent colour copper craft wire in 22g for the spirals and I added some Swirovski AB clear 4mm Bicone beads for some extra sparkle, I love them and use them on everything! Also all of the silver wire used is Silver plated wire in 18g and 24g.

Having made this one there are a few things that I will do differently next time. I am still not happy with the shaping of it. As I don't have a necklace mandrel and no way of getting one at the moment I think I will have to come up with something else. Any ideas? leave a comment and let me know because I think this one will have me scratching my head for a while! lol

Hugs Kaylie xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a stunning piece of art... heheh... I have modelled this for you Kaylie and I love it.
    I want to wear all your items!!
    Keep showing them off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so unique and lovely! I'm glad to see you here and glad to see such a fresh design! Keep up the great artwork!
    Susan.

    ReplyDelete