January 23, 2009

Wow I have been busy!


OK so I know it has been a while , but I have been busy I swear!

I bought some miracle beads online not really knowing what they were like and when I got them through I LOVED THEM!! I had to use them on something straight away,
and I knew exactly what. I had had an idea for a pair of jangly earrings floating around for a few days and knew these beads where perfect. So I sat down and a little while later there they where. They looked just like they had in my mind. That is something that doesn't usually happen to me. Most of the time I have a vague idea of what I'm aiming for and not much else. So most of my finished piece's are nothing like the idea that originally triggered them. So I am very happy with these... I have had a few comments about them when I've worn them out and have taken great pride in telling people that I made them myself.

I also bought myself some Beadalon wire. I already had some crimps and my newly acquired crimping pliers. This necklace just sort of grew in my hands. It started of just playing with all of my new things and I looked down and this necklace was sitting there. I really love the colours in it. The bits of shell were on sale at my local craft shop and just leaped into my basket! Its like they wanted me to take them home :)



This is my first go at a very simple Torque necklace. When I first heard the words Torque necklace, I had no idea what one was. So i Googled it. I found out that it is a bit like a cuff bangle but for the neck. This one I did in a similar style the bangles in the previous post. It is very simple but I an pleased with the way that it turned out. I have a few ideas on how I could do different ones so I will let you know if I come up with anything.
Hugs
Kaylie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment