January 12, 2009

So... Lets start at the beginning.

Hi, my name Is Kaylie and I'm a Jewellery addict!
There I've said it! That wasn't so hard... lol.

Welcome to my blog!!!

Jewellery is something that I have always been in love with. Silver jewellery in particular. I have made a few necklaces and bracelets in the past but have never seriously had a go until a few months ago. I decided to set my self the task of making a few of the Xmas presents for some of my friends and family. That's when I remembered one of the webisodes that I had seen on Plum & Verdigris, (which sadly is no longer running :( ) called the Trixie Two step.
Well I watched this video and knew immediately what I was going to make!. I went and gathered my supplies and ended up making three,
all with co-ordinating earrings and necklaces. Then I started to play around with different beads and bought some AB clear Swarovski crystals from ebay to make a special version for my mum. (Who is a complete magpie so I knew she would be happy with them!) Anyway here is the result....

I used Silver plated 18 gadge wire to make the jump rings and SP 26 gadge wire to wrap all the dangles on. The big purple beads are Indian glass beads and the chips are bits of Opalite, that I also baught on ebay, which is my mums favorite stone. Well there is no stopping me now!

After that my imagination just ran away with me, I was hooked! I was litteraly dreaming of jewellery! It has been pretty none stop since then. At the momment I am working on a series of bangles...... My best friend, * wave *, loves this and has put in an order for this, so I will making that in the next few days.

Kaylie x








No comments:

Post a Comment